Saturday, June 21, 2008
R.I.P. James the Goldfish.
Our family lost our first pet yesterday morning. Alas, it was only a goldfish, but it was Wesley's first pet. And unfortunately he took it pretty hard when we told him this morning. After we sat and talked with Wesley a little, he decided he wanted to go downstairs to see the empty goldfish bowl. A few minutes passed and he didn't come back or respond to our calls, so I went to look for him. I found Wesley silently standing at the bottom of the stairs with eyes big as saucers and an enormous frown on his face. My heart shattered as he started bawling. The rest of the day was mostly a series of questions about James and death coming in the middle of unrelated conversations. Yes, for Wesley to lose a "friend" he saw on a daily basis has been hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
our sincere thoughts are with Wesley
Post a Comment